RE-Think (Renewable Energy-Think) is a new and innovative way of making both pupils and teachers aware of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. The aim of the project is to inform schools about the importance of sustainable living and energy conservation; giving examples of technologies used to achieve this and through fun activities, exciting games, lectures, debates and presentations. The project can accomodate ages 7 and above. A specially designed trailer called the EDUcan accompanies and complements the project.
The purpose of the RE- Think project is to provide:
- A much needed educational programme (through the medium of Welsh and English) to schools and community groups in a deprived area which is suffering from the loss of a coal mining industry and employment.
- Provide people with local case studies of sustainable development which is practical and replicable.
- Raise awareness of energy issues and provide practical ways to protect the environment.
- Educate children and people on the over use and consequent depletion of fossil fuels; the positive alternatives of renewable sources, such as wind, solar, biomass, water and hydrogen. Increase awareness of issues arising from these matters, e.g. conflict and global warming.
- Promote a change in lifestyle habits- by being more energy efficient; buying local produce.
- Raise awareness of poverty locally and overseas.
- Foster awareness of the interdependence of individuals around the globe.
Cost: We ask the school or college to contribute to teaching and travel costs (approximately the price of a supply teacher for one day).
For more information: contact us on 01639 830870 or email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.