Awel Aman Tawe was founded in 1998 with the purpose of addressing climate change at a local level by developing community renewable energy schemes. Since then, we have initiated and delivered many local projects, and we have supported projects developed by other communities.
A few of our projects:
- solar hot water panels installed on community centres and private houses
- two small scale PV and wind turbine projects established
- one of the largest school roof photovoltaic panels at the time installed
- a District heating scheme developed to provide heating for a number of houses from a wood pellet boiler
- EDUcan energy unit built to attend schools and community events to tell people about energy conservation and sustainable living
- hundreds of householders advised about home energy efficiency